Your iPhone generally doesn’t allow you to switch to another network, from the carrier network, unless your sprint device is utterly eligible for it. If you want to change your sim to another carrier, then you have to request for one, depending on the domestic or the international use of the sim. Here are two way by how you can do it.
- One way is to manually fill-up the form and request for an unlock iphone 7 sprint.
- Another way is to get it done by a third-party unlocking service.
Verizon is the most widely used wireless service for networks in the United States. Like Verizon, it is not easy to unlock a sprint device, especially with the new rules put in place.
Things you need to know!
- If your iPhone was purchased after Feb 2015, then it will unlock automatically for all domestic use that is within the United States.
- If you have purchased it before Feb 2015, then you have to request for a sprint unlock once you get a message that the device is eligible for an unlock.
- Since the processes for domestic and international unlock are different, you have to make sure which one is your reference and select it accordingly.
- If your phone is blacklisted or is reported as stolen or lost, then it cannot be unlocked under the United States guidelines, but it can be unlocked outside the States, for international purposes.
Eligibility for domestic unlocking
- Active sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
- Must have a domestic sim
- Must have fulfilled all the agreements
- Shouldn’t be reported lost or stolen
Eligibility for international unlocking
- To request for international unlocking, you should be a customer of the current sprint and must be an account holder or must be an authorized contact
- It should be capable of the foreign SIM
- The account must be active for a minimum o f90 days.
- It should be in a good position.
- Each phone with the number is allowed to work on two unlocked devices with a duration of 12 months each.
- If your account is eligible, then you can contact the sprint customer care for domestic or worldwide use, as the need be and request for an unlock. It is that simple. However, if you do not fall into the category, then you can always request for an IMEI unlock, and the procedure works the same way. The only difference is that you have to continue using the same carrier SIM.
- If your phone is unlocked and you’re not a customer of the carrier, then you might be charged for your unlock. If you’re using a pre-paid sprint iPhone, then you have the duration of one year, post which you can request for an unlock. Although the majority of the carriers does not subside them, companies still provide the offer. Under the new rules and agreement, the carrier is allowed to unlock the device only one year post the purchase.